[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] [JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-803] Disucssion - Documentation of VisitHint.EXECUTE_LIFECYCLE is not clear

From: Leonardo Uribe <leonardo.uribe_at_irian.at>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 22:35:42 -0500

Hi Manfred

I expect an explanation about how VisitHint.EXECUTE_LIFECYCLE affects
visitTree(...) algorithm. For example, it is clear what happen when
VisitHint.SKIP_TRANSIENT is set (skip transient), but I do not know
anything about the conditions when VisitHint.EXECUTE_LIFECYCLE should be
set.

In MyFaces I see this hint is only used on PartialViewContextImpl on the
visitTree that do the "execute" part of the lifecycle. It talks about some
initialization steps, but which ones?. In practice, MyFaces just ignore
this hint. So I expect here a review to see if we need to add the hint on a
visitTree(...) call, and if there is justification to do something else on
some components.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe