[jsr372-experts] Re: Expert Group Meeting _at_ JavaOne

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 10:53:49 +0100

On Tuesday, February 24, 2015, Josh Juneau <juneau001_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree that it makes sense to standardize widely used component library
> features, making them part of the core. The push component that is offered
> by solution such as PrimeFaces Push is very handy, and I think including an
> interpretation of that functionality would be welcomed as a standard
> feature of JSF.

I second this, just as 2.0 introduced the AJAX groundwork, and 2.2 file
upload, even though that functionality was already available at the time in
component libraries, I think adding basic push support would be a good idea.

Such push support should build on the existing web socket support in Java
EE (and perhaps on the possible SSE support of Java EE 8?) and ideally be
build in such a way that third party push components can extend it (like
today Ajax components in component libraries build on the runtime's
support).

Kind regards,
Arjan