[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] Re: Expert Group Meeting @ JavaOne

From: Josh Juneau <juneau001_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 08:21:42 -0600

> Well, lots of things can be in a component library. But it makes sense
> that core functionality, such as web sockets integration with Java EE, to
> be part of the spec (just like Ajax). I think we should consider this more.

I agree that it makes sense to standardize widely used component library
features, making them part of the core. The push component that is offered
by solution such as PrimeFaces Push is very handy, and I think including an
interpretation of that functionality would be welcomed as a standard
feature of JSF.