[jsr372-experts] 1364-MapInUIRepeatUIData

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 01:06:32 +0100

Hi,

In addition to supporting Iterable in UIRepeat and UIData as discussed
in the thread 1103-IterableInUIRepeatUIData, Bauke asked for
supporting Map as well, stating that JSTL's c:forEach has supported
that too.

This too should be relatively easy to implement. Passing in a Map
would expose an Entry<Key,Value> as the type of the EL var, so the
code can easily refer to either the key or the value for each Map
entry. I think there's much established knowledge and usage of this
pattern.

I created https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1364
to track this.

I just asked in 1103-IterableInUIRepeatUIData for your opinion about
this, but at second thought a separate thread might make it clearer.
Sorry for that.

So, I'm asking here again for your thoughts about supporting Map as well.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Arjan