[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] Re: [SPEC-523] Make the name of 'javax.faces.ViewState' configurable

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 18:13:47 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Neil Griffin
<neil.griffin_at_portletfaces.org> wrote:
> If we made the name “javax.faces.ViewState” configurable, wouldn’t we need
> to make the others configurable too?

That was exactly my concern as well. Even at the time that request was
submitted there were already other things, and currently there are a
lot of other things that also should be made configurable.

I still think the request itself is sound, but whether it's feasible
to spec and implement this in a timely fashion at this point is
debatable.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms