[jsr372-experts] Re: [ADMIN] Re: Expert Group Meeting _at_ JavaOne

From: Bauke Scholtz <balusc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 19:16:50 +0200

@AT

> For the record, I just started to work on a transcription of the
> recording. It's a bit more difficult and time consuming than I
> anticipated, but I hope to finish it soon and will post it here then.

Much appreciated ;)

@EB

> For my money, I think Kito's
> "JSON Rendering" one is a great one to start with.

This is next to native push support also one of most commonly requested
features from the community side. Particularly if it's possible to obtain
and process it via native XHR and libs like jQuery. Lot of starters are
clueless stabbing around in jsf.ajax.request() in order to figure how to
get exactly the XML response they need.

Further it would be great to have the possibility to reduce .taglib.xml
boilerplate to a minimum as described in Arjan's blog
http://arjan-tijms.omnifaces.org/2014/07/jsf-23-wish-list-part-i-components.html.
The community seems to underestimate the power and usefulness of taglibs.
Starters are driven away to composite components because of their
zero-configuration nature. Composites are too often abused for tasks which
clearly needs to be done with includes or tagfiles, which ultimately ends
up in relatively inefficient code. Starters do not seem to see/understand
that a composite is really only useful whenever you want to bind a single
model property to a bunch of closely related components (this might perhaps
also be better clarified in docs and tutorials). If we can reduce the
required .taglib.xml boilerplate to a minimum, preferably zero, then the
community may rediscover the power of taglibs and end up developing more
efficient templates/tags.

Cheers, Bauke