[jsr372-experts] Re: Expert Group Meeting _at_ JavaOne

From: Josh Juneau <juneau001_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 09:38:33 -0500

Glad to see that others agree that we need one or more big ticket items for
JSF 2.3.

I think a native push component using WebSockets is a good idea and would
be well-received by the community. I also agree that the URL mapping idea
would be quite useful. That would help in terms of providing
extension-less URLs...and it seems to fall in line with Arjan's ideas
around REST-like URLs. I think we can all agree that any features that
help to align JSF with HTML5 and REST will be welcomed.

I'm sure Facelets could use some "freshening up"...not sure of any ideas
that come to mind immediately there, but as mentioned it would be good to
do a cross-check of the other templating languages. I also like Arjan's
post regarding component creation and customization. Components are really
the bread and butter of JSF, and I think the community would be pleased if
there were increased ease of development and simplification via more
annotation support, etc. in that area.

Neil, thanks for your update on the "decorate response" idea.

Thanks for your time.

Josh Juneau
juneau001_at_gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com
https://www.apress.com/index.php/author/author/view/id/1866

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Neil Griffin <neil.griffin_at_portletfaces.org