[jsr344-experts] More comments on PRD: Resource Library Contracts (complete version!)

From: Kito Mann <kito.mann_at_virtua.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:34:28 -0500

Hello everyone,

> I just read the Resource Library Contracts section, and I have a few
questions/comments:

* Section 10.1.3 should explain (like section 2.7) that "resource library
contracts" are special resource libraries that inherit all of the resource
library features. Since 10.1.3 doesn't reference 2.7, this is unclear.

* Is there a normative statement about what constitues a resource library
contract name? This would help, especially for the <resource-contracts>
element in faces-config.xml.

* Section 10.1.3.1 doesn't show the javax.faces.contract.xml file.

* Now that I see it in action, I'm not a fan of the term "contracts" here.
When I see META-INF/contracts, it's not as obvious as META-INF/resources. I
don't have an alternative yet, but the words "swappable" or "dynamic" come
to mind.

___

Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com | JSF/Java EE training and consulting
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info |
@jsfcentral
+1 203-404-4848 x246

* Listen to the latest headlines in the JSF and Java EE newscast: *
http://blogs.jsfcentral.com/JSFNewscast/*
* Sign up for the JSFCentral Newsletter: http://oi.vresp.com/?fid=ac048d0e17