[jsr344-experts] Re: [1130-UserAgentNeedsUpdate] DISCUSSION

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 15:32:30 -0700

NG> Portlet containers may return header names with
NG> PortletRequest#getPropertyNames() [1] and values with
NG> PortletRequest#getProperty(String) [2] but are not required to do
NG> so. Case in point: Liferay Portal does not return the
NG> "If-Modified-Since" header. So I think this can only be officially
NG> tightened up in the servlet case.

But JSF doesn't return the If-Modified-Since header either. It's a
request-header. Please help me understand your comment in light of this
fact.

[1] 14.25 If-Modified-Since

  The If-Modified-Since request-header field is used with a method to
  make it conditional: if the requested variant has not been modified
  since the time specified in this field, an entity will not be returned
  from the server; instead, a 304 (not modified) response will be
  returned without any message-body.

Ed