[jsr344-experts] Re: Re: [949-WindowId] Best place to specify creating the windowId?

From: Werner Punz <werner.punz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 14:04:24 +0100

Am 15.03.12 17:56, schrieb Neil Griffin:
> Hi Ed,
>
> Admittedly I'm not a JavaScript expert. So I double checked with a
> JavaScript+Portlet expert at Liferay, and he said window.name is
> appropriate and should be safe. He also said that the JS libraries
> like jQuery and YUI dont generally leverage it.

Actually CODI solves it with window.name and an intermediate page(see my
mail before). We however should double check for the most important libs
before leveraging it. Not
that I have seen it yet being used in any of those libs, but some of
them are quite big so there might be something I have missed.

Werner