[jsr344-experts] Re: [996-ConfigurableResourcesDirectory] PROPOSAL

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 11:34:25 -0800

EB> javax.faces.ClasspathResourcesDirectory
EB>
EB> If this param is set, it must not start with a "/" and the runtime will
EB> interpret its value to be the path of the resources directory for
EB> resources packaged in the classpath as specified in section 2.6. If not
EB> specified, the default value is "META-INF/resources".

CC> META-INF/resources will always be scanned whether or not this
CC> context param is defined right?

I hadn't implemented it that way, but now that you mention it, I think
it's essential that it is because we don't want a developer to re-define
it for their own application, only to have the settings apply to
component libraries that already have their resources packaged in
META-INF/resources.

EB> I like the idea. Obviously JSF is not the only EE technology to
EB> suffer from context-paramitis. Should we try to bring this up at the
EB> servlet level? Ed

CC> +1, we already have faces-config.xml and bunch of settings in
CC> web.xml. Less xml, more attractive JSF is.

I sat down to write something to the Servlet EG and I immediately came
up with some questions that need answers before even asking for this
feature.

I'll reply to Alexander's email.

Ed