[jsr344-experts] Re: Accessibility

From: Jakob Korherr <jakob.korherr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 23:47:48 +0100

Hi,

I recently did some work for a web accessibility course at university
(WAI-ARIA) and I think there are some things (like e.g. aria-live or
aria-invalid) which will be very easy to integrate into JSF (in the
case of aria-live, every f:ajax render region should have this
attribute; in the case of aria-invalid, every input field with an
validation error should have it).

However, IMO it will mostly boil down to supporting the various
non-standard xhtml attributes for ARIA states and roles, like e.g.
aria-live, aria-invalid, aria-labelledby,... and relying on the
developer to set them appropriately.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/ for more details on special attributes.

Regards,
Jakob