users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr366-experts] Java EE Security API

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 11:19:25 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Anyway back to security: the usage of jaspic is IMO a blocker, not
> integrated to CDI, not natural, and needs a lot of "tool" code to work
> (Arjan samples are great to realize it), so if EE security wants to use
> jaspic it should hide all that

That's exactly what JSR 375 does ;)

Integrating with CDI and hiding the setup code.

As I mentioned earlier, the "setup code" (the AuthConfig, AuthContext) etc,
was actually not intended to be a user facing thing. The intention was that
a user just provided an implementation of the ServerAuthModule (SAM).

If you register a SAM with the server via the admin console, CLI,
domain.xml, standalone.xml etc that's exactly what you do.

Also note that we would not push users towards using bare JASPIC. It's like
many security frameworks using some JAAS code (even PicketLink), so they
need JAAS to be there as a dependency. JAAS is perhaps not that natural
either, certainly not integrated with CDI etc, but it needs to be there.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms