users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Java EE update feedback

From: Sebastian Daschner <java_at_sebastian-daschner.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 07:51:09 -0700

Hi there,

At yesterday's JavaOne session by Linda we were asked to provide
opinions and feedback to the Java EE roadmap update.

First of all, thanks for stepping up -- it's very positive to see
progress in Java EE! Most of the updates sound reasonable to me.

However, removing MVC, not adding JCache and the justification thereof
doesn't make sense to me.

I wrote a blog post about that topic in particular and my overall
thoughts about the update and the way of communicating in general:
https://blog.sebastian-daschner.com/entries/thoughts_on_javaee8_update

Let me know if I should rather quote these opinions into this thread.

Cheers,
Sebastian