users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: JPA.next?

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 00:42:00 +0100

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Kito Mann <kito.mann_at_virtua.com> wrote:

> Did anyone ever respond to this?

None of the vendors mentioned replied unfortunately.

I did see some coverage of a JPA 2.2 MR in one of the JavaOne videos. See
this at 4:19:26:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OKEpg5zpsU#t=4h19m26s

It mentions:

* CDI support in attribute converters
* Meta annotations
* Repeating annotations

* Date/time support
* Stream support in queries
* JPQL/SQL string from Query

* Autocloseable for entity manager/factory (for Java SE)
* Pagination support for JPQL and Criteria
* Creating criteria from query
* Subquery(entityType) to criteria
* Query metamodel by entity name
* NoSQL