users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Java EE 8 roadmap update

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 19:35:10 +0200

Hi,

I guess that everyone here has read about the Java EE 8 roadmap update (
https://blogs.oracle.com/theaquarium/entry/java_ee_8_roadmap_update).

As JSF and Security EG member I personally think we can absolutely use the
extra time, but as I haven't seen much discussion about this I'm curious if
there was any other specific reason for the time extension beyond the
one mentioned in the update (latency with starting EGs, other time demands
for spec leads).

Specifically, I'm wondering if the JPA and EJB EGs are still starting and
if the time extension was (also) related to these.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms