users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: Eagerly getting host/port of a JAX-RS endpoint

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 15:29:20 +0100

Santiago,

Currently the registration is happening in @Startup @Singleton.
Ideally would like this in a @ApplicationScoped bean but there is no
@Startup there.

> (2) How to access the necessary information like host/port for the registration.
>
> JAX-RS typically operates at the level of paths and contexts, not hosts and ports. Even though you can get a URI with that info, it is really beyond JAX-RS IMO.

Host/port can be extracted from @UriInfo but that is only after the
request has been made.

> As for (1), JAX-RS has its own registration phase for resources, providers and features. You can do this when defining an Application subclass and also in any DynamicFeature that is automatically discovered (which are processed at deploy time). Neither was designed with your use case in mind, though.

Can host/port information be retrieved in any of those?

Arun

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta