users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr366-experts] Re: Java EE 7 MR

From: Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 17:50:18 -0800

One of our developers has pointed out to me that I
inadvertantly omitted application clients in the item
below:

Section EE.5.2.2 [Clarify that annotations occurring on classes
outside a web module or ejb module must specify JNDI names in the
java:app or java:global namespace.]

Change the last paragraph on page 69 from:
   An environment entry declared in the application.xml descriptor must
   specify a JNDI name in the java:app or java:global namespace, for
   example: java:app/env/myString or java:global/someValue.
to:
   An environment entry declared in the application.xml descriptor or
   by an annotation on a class in the application package other than
   within a web module or EJB module must specify a JNDI name in the

This should have said:

   An environment entry declared in the application.xml descriptor or
   by an annotation on a class in the application package other than
   within a web module, EJB module, or application client module must