users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: Status of the Java EE 8 specifications

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 15:34:36 -0800

arjan tijms wrote on 12/11/14, 3:09 PM:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 10:46 PM, Linda DeMichiel
> <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com> wrote:
>> Any other coming along ?
>>
> [...]
>>
>> In addition, we are planning to do MRs for JTA and JavaMail.
>
> Would be interesting to see if there's any MR or even new JSR for
> JASPIC and possibly JACC. Especially given the new Security JSR, there
> might be some alignment needed there. For instance, the availability
> of CDI in auth modules and throwing several events related to
> authentication (as mentioned earlier on this list) are maybe best be
> done in JASPIC.

I think we'll need to get further along in the security JSR work to determine
whether changes are needed in JASPIC or JACC. We know there's lots of changes
we *could* make there, but give that our resources will be focused on other
things we're only going to make the changes there that we absolutely need to.