users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: default resources

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 15:58:07 -0800

It's a real issue.

Default resources are primarily for simple applications written by people
just getting started with Java EE. It's one less thing you need to learn
to make your first app work. It's part of the "convention over configuration"
approach that's very popular these days.

Large enterprise applications will likely specify their needs explicitly
and not depend on the default resources.

It's unknown how likely it is that anyone will run into this problem, or
when they do how likely it is that it will be a serious issue for them.