users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: How can serious TCK issues be addressed?

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:45:53 +0200

Hi,

On Monday, October 21, 2013, Mark Struberg wrote:

> Yes, you can challenge those TCK tests if they contradict the spec and a
> sane mind would call it broken or unspecified. Of course only if the exact
> behaviour was not already tested in old TCKs as well ;) Just create a JIRA

Indeed, I have in fact created a bunch of JIRA issues in the past about
several TCK issues, but I was always under the impression that they would
be done for the next major spec revision at the earliest (like most JIRA
issues for spec things).

I'm particularly curious though if a TCK is ever updated before a next
major version of a spec is released. For instance, Java EE 7 has recently
been released, and only 2 servers have been certified yet. If any TCK
of it would be updated, then this would be applicable only for not-yet
certified products I guess, but is there any process that covers this
situation? Is it even possible to still update a Java EE 7 TCK?

Perhaps indirectly it's not much different from when the spec itself is
updated via an errata. When this happens the spec doesn't get a new
version, does it? I mean, as a user I can't easily see that a given server
is certified against Java EE 7 or Java EE 7-errata1, can I?

Kind regards,
Arjan