users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: Is JDBC not included in Web Profile

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 17:25:47 -0700

JDBC is part of Java SE, which means its automatically included in the
Web Profile. JDBC is mentioned in the platform spec for two reasons:

1. It's a key technology used by many Java EE applications.
2. Parts of JDBC were previously available only as a standard extension,
   which was included in Java EE. All of that is now included in Java SE.