users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Platform and WebProfile final release candidates

From: Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 11:26:42 -0700

I've just uploaded new Platform and WebProfile spec drafts to our
project downloads area, http://java.net/projects/javaee-spec/downloads

These are the candidate drafts for our submission to the JCP for
the Java EE 7 Platform Final Approval Ballot.

The changes from the Proposed Final Draft are only to the Platform
spec, and affect only chapters 5 and 6 (and the history log in the
appendix). They reflect updates that have been made to synchronize
with changes in the JMS, Connector, and Bean Validation specs.

We plan to submit these drafts to the JCP no later than April 10,
so please let us know by April 4 if you think we should not do
this.

Those of you who have been tracking our progress will notice that
April 10 is one week later than the schedule that we announced last
year, which is posted on http://java.net/projects/javaee-spec/pages/Home#Java_EE_7_Schedule.
This very minor slip is due to extra time that we have found that we
need for RI integration, and this new April 10 date is very firm.
I will update the schedule on our javaee-spec wiki to reflect this change.

At this point, we also propose that we move JSR 342 to JCP 2.9. While
we have been operating under the transparency rules of JCP 2.8 and 2.9
since the start of our JSR, due to delays in our internal processes
(and thus out of our individual control), we are still at JCP 2.7.
Please let us know if you object to this change, otherwise we plan to
notify the JCP tomorrow that we wish to move to 2.9.

thanks,

-Linda