users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: Java EE 7 schemas

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 12:57:01 -0800

Collision of types hasn't been a problem so far so it seems easier to just leave
them all in the same namespace, especially since they share a bunch of common
types in the same namespace.

Instance documents can conform to any of the valid schemas/DTDs for the given
document name; I don't see that the namespace for one of the schemas makes any
difference to that. You have to read the document enough to know which of the
schemas/DTDs it should conform to before you can validate it.