users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: JSR 236

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:58:47 +0100

Deepak,

Thanks for the input.

Most of the JSR-236 API like ManagedThreadFactory does also assume the use
of JNDI naming and context, plus the Timer is

The spec suggests Usage with Java EE Connector Architecture, which is not
part of the Web Profile.

As mentioned, there's a Batch Executor, somewhat redundant or complimentary
to the Batch JSR, which AFAIK isn't part of the Web Profile either.

The Trigger is only briefly referred to in the spec, and where it is,
belongs together with ManagedExecutorService and other similar
JNDI-configured parts of the API.

None of them make much sense outside the full EE Profile or parts mentioned
like MDBs, JCA or Batch.

Werner