users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: security permissions for libraries

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 14:09:42 +0100

I agree, #1 makes most sense right now.

Although this particular set of permissions is only for the Security
Manager, not individual applications, I would prefer if the upcoming
Configuration standards would take care of finer grained permissions, e.g.
you might have one tenant where access to a certain resource is necessary
while in another case yo may want to block that. Does not sound like a good
idea to offer every single library JAR that option, those may contradict
each other just the same way as you currently have dependency conflicts
also known as JAR-Hell or Classpath-Hell[?]

Regards,
--
Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member | Eclipse UOMo Lead | Java
Godfather
UOMo Lead and Mærsk Build Manager will present "Eclipse M2M and Standards
for the IoT"
* Eclipse DemoCamp: November 30 2012, Vienna, Austria. Werner Keil,  Eclipse
UOMo Lead and Mærsk Build Manager will present "Triple-E class Continuous
Delivery with Hudson, Maven, Kokki and PyDev"

347.gif
(image/gif attachment: 347.gif)