users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: Persistent application configuration

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:18:18 -0700

It's true that Java EE doesn't define anything that helps support heterogeneous
clusters. For that matter, it says very little (too little) about even
homogeneous clusters, the general assumption being that a properly written
application on a properly implemented cluster won't know or care that it's
running in a cluster. I'd really like to see more in the spec about how to
"properly" write such an application.

Standardizing support for heterogeneous clusters seems like a much lower
priority. I'd be very interested in hearing from users that this is more
important than I think it is, and from vendors that they're wiling to implement
such a standard, especially if they already support such features.