users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: -experts list

From: Lance Andersen - Oracle <Lance.Andersen_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:49:48 -0400

On Jul 27, 2012, at 9:38 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:

> On 07/27/2012 09:15 PM, Lance Andersen - Oracle wrote:
>> JDBC 4.2 will be an MR that will be part of Java SE 8. This MR will follow JCP 2.8 and will be small in scope.
>>
> Thanks. I just noticed your direct mail where you noted that this won't include the JDBC RowSet spec. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, it got caught by an overzealous filter.
>
> It's good to hear there'll be a move to JCP 2.8. I'll keep an eye on the JSR page and let the Pg folks know when it flips over, then poke them to collect up and report their issues.

Dave Cramer and I have worked together in the past on getting the postgresql JDBC driver for Java EE compatibility requirements. He recently contacted me about joining the JDBC EG and I provided him the needed info. They are always welcome to contact me directly.

RowSets is a separate spec from JDBC and I do not have any plans for any major work on this API outside of some minor clarifications to the javadocs as needed.

Best
Lance

> --
> Craig Ringer

Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
Lance.Andersen_at_oracle.com