users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: resource definition metadata for administered objects

From: Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 13:17:24 -0800

I understand your point, but on the other hand, we have had the notion of resource-env-ref's for
administered objects around for quite some time, so people should be at least somewhat aware
of the concept (I hope). I will leave it to the Connector MR lead to fine tune the documentation,
but I think the inserted text below (lifted from the Connector spec) should help.

On 3/6/2012 1:15 AM, Antonio Goncalves wrote:
> I like the idea but I'm just wondering if this is not too generic and that developpers would start using
> @AdministeredObjectDefinition to define datasources, JMS factories or mail session ?
>
> Antonio

> /**
> * Annotation used to define a Connector administered object to be
> * registered in JNDI.
> *

* Administered objects are specific to a messaging style or message provider

* @see javax.resource.spi.AdministeredObject