users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

From: Jim Knutson <knutson_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:58:23 -0600

Adam Bien <abien_at_adam-bien.com> wrote on 11/11/2011 05:38:14 AM:
> I would standardize the existence of exploded JARs, WARs and EARs.
> All application servers do support that anyway,

Is this a deployment artifact you are talking about or a post
deployment form?

If this is to support faster development patterns, then you need
to be more specific about the pattern since many build systems
are finicky in their directory layout and relationships and it's
not clear that just extracting the deployment artifact is worth it.

Thanks,
Jim Knutson
WebSphere Java EE Architect