jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: JSON Binding JSR

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:27:20 +0200

Antonio,

About the minimum Java Version I assume JSON-B will as most EE JSRs be
filed "standalone" complementing JSON-P. For this reason it makes perfect
sense to Start with Java 7.
Some Java EE 7 JSRs like JBatch have the minimum Version as Java 6 for
exactly that reason. And unlike a gross license inconsistency between the
"standalone" Version of JBatch and the Java EE 7 bundle I unterstand and
respect that. You'll barely find EE 7 commercial products yet, so limiting
one JSON JSR to EE/SE 8 would significantly restrict its time to enter the
market.

Regards,
Werner
Am 15.07.2014 12:05 schrieb "Antonio Goncalves" <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com