jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Batch API issue

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 21:23:04 -0800

2.1.3 was originally intended to only apply to Profiles. It looks like it's
been rewritten to be less precise. In any event, a Batch spec that works with
both SE 6 and SE 7 is certainly compatible with the most recent platform spec.

The Batch JSR says:

> 2.2 What is the target Java platform? (i.e., desktop, server,
> personal, embedded, card, etc.)
>
> Java EE,SE
>

> 2.16 Please describe how the RI and TCK will de delivered, i.e. as
> part of a profile or platform edition, or stand-alone, or both.
> Include version information for the profile or platform in your answer.
>
> The batch components described herein shall run on SE and on EE without
> change. The EE EG shall determine where to include the RI and TCK and how best
> to integrate.

I don't think there's any question that they intended to work on both SE and EE.