jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Batch API issue

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 00:55:07 +0100

Bill,

Thanks for the reply.

At least the JavaDoc of SE 7 contains @Resource as part of the standard
annotations coming with SE, too. If this has been around in 6 already, that
might make it easier to use in a non EE environment, although it probably
would need some other form of container or runtime then. CDI or even JSR
330 AFAIK isn't shipped with any SE level Java distribution so far.

Exactly that was my question you answered before. And while as a new JSR it
may not have to deal with prior versions, it still has to clarify, if it
intends to be part of EE only or standalone. RI and TCK also depend on
that, thus there may have to be one as part of the EE Umbrella, and a
standalone version,
So 2.1.4 may not directly apply, since they plan to make it available both
with EE 7 and standalone, but 2.1.3 states, "the most recent" version of
each Umbrella JSR. Which by definition are SE 7 or EE 7. If there's room
for freedom and interpretation by the EG and Spec Leads of an individual
JSR, so be it, but it isn't compatible with the most recent version of SE
for some functionality.
The arguments are still discussed, at least the one that says the two
interfaces are not to be used by applications and hence not part of the
public API (words of the Spec Lead I recall) so they may not be in the
right place, rather than not extending a part of SE.

Werner

35F.gif
(image/gif attachment: 35F.gif)