jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Java EE 7 roadmap

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 13:41:10 +0200

Can you give a few quick examples of these extension points?

While we hear, a few JCP Members work closer with Cloud Initiatives like
OpenStack in some aspects of PaaS seems a good idea. If the JCP as such or
only members, e.g. Oracle as such would be welcome, I can't say. So far
there are mostly vendors, but there are clearly connection points for JSRs,
e.g. Identity API, where OpenStack has a separate focus.
Some events seem, like industry organizations like SAGE-AU (
http://conference.sage-au.org.au/) also collaborate. These are more similar
to e.g. the JCP or other groups and foundations, so it seems possible.

Regular Release Cycles also seem along the ideas of Java or Eclipse.

Werner