jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Logs. Should we finally do something ?

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 14:29:29 +0200

Hi everybody,

Just to let you know that my blog has been viewed by 1401 people in the
last 24 hours and I've received many tweets and comments... mostly by
developers who struggle on a day to day basis with logs.

Bill, Linda, shall we go a little bit further and have Oracle clearly
support this effort ? I think individual developers are scared to put their
finger into the JCP : it's much easier to create a GitHub repository and
create a new/funny logging framework than fill JSPA forms to become spec
lead. If you think this Logging API JSR is important (inside Java EE 7 or
not, that's not the issue now, but just to have a JSR), then it would
encourage developers if you would publicly (blog ? tweet ?) support the
idea and encourage them to become spec lead.

What do you think ?

Antonio

--
Antonio Goncalves