jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Fwd: Announcing jsr-350 - Java State Management

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 00:44:43 +0530

Hi Bill/Jeff/All,

Thanks a lot for the update. Glad to see some of the stuff you presented
e.g. at EclipseCon 2010 is finally getting into the JCP, Jeff.
Although that has been withdrawn and was only supported by a few Individual
Members including myself, there was a JSR proposal about management and
transfer of application state: http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=323

"movement of code, data and execution state from one location to another."
sounds a lot like something for the Cloud, but I guess it was a bit too soon
and too visionary back then. Assuming some of the original EG members plus
Spec Lead Hiroki are still around, I would consider some input where it fits
in with what 350 aims to do.

Cheers,
Werner

--
 Werner Keil | UOMo Lead | Eclipse Foundation | Agile Coach, Principal
Consultant | *emergn* limited