users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] Re: Security JSR in WebProfile

From: <ondrej.mihalyi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 00:45:57 +0200

As Arjan explained in the umbrella mailing list, the dependency on JACC is optional. That means only JASPIC is required. More on the umbrella thread I linked before.

Whether JASPIC is lightweight enough to justify bringing it to Web Profile I don’t know. But Arjan says it's already supported by most servlet containers, so maybe no big deal.

Ondrej