users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Agenda for EG Meeting, 2017/04/07

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 22:29:39 +0200

Hi,

I just lost the connection totally too, but probably because it was
automatically ended by the time limit set.

Oh well, good things were discussed. Perhaps we should have had those
meetings on a regular basis some time ago, but what's done is done.

Last point of discussion was the CredentialValidationResult that should be
passed around, but actually this already is. Or maybe I understood the
question not correctly.

But if you look at the handler, then the main loop is this:

     CredentialValidationResult validationResult = null;

        // Check stores to authenticate until one succeeds.
        for (IdentityStore authenticationIdentityStore :
authenticationIdentityStores) {
            validationResult =
authenticationIdentityStore.validate(credential);
            if (validationResult.getStatus() == VALID) {
                break;
            }
        }

This makes its decision based on CredentialValidationResult above anything
else. But again, maybe I understood incorrectly.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms