users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] Re: [jsr375-experts] Re: Drop SecurityContext from the spec?

From: reza_rahman <reza_rahman_at_lycos.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:42:35 -0400

If it's very easy to do or already pretty much done, I agree there is probably no reason to regress.
There is value to having a uniform API for security context to rule them all as opposed to the current distributed mess that's very hard to explain - particularly the one for EJB. Hopefully at some point even the one in Servlet could be deprecated in favor of something more centralized and robust.
-------- Original message --------From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com> Date: 3/16/17 1:50 PM (GMT-05:00) To: jsr375-experts_at_javaee-security-spec.java.net Subject: [javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Drop SecurityContext from the spec?
Hi,
The original vision for security context was really simple. Basically just isCallerInRole and getCallerPrincipal.
In fact it's basically done. There's some discussion regarding how to implement it, especially in the light of the "fear" (for lack of a better term) of JACC. But that shouldn't really stand in the way of the specification.
All the other methods and features mentioned in the issue were pretty much optional (nice to haves).
So if we take what we have now, declare that to be the draft spec and invite the EG to provide comments for minor adjustments at most (no new features, but perhaps change the names or option syntax somewhat), then we  should be there.
I can try to do the GF implementation soon.
Kind regards,Arjan Tijms