users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Final Call for Comments for EDR

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 11:50:26 +0100

Hi,

The "ambitious" Java EE 8 release goal is indeed "ambitious", or perhaps
"sudden" ;)

Nevertheless, what we have now would still be very useful. We could do a
couple of things from this point on:

1. Only streamline what we have, don't add much new functionality
2. Adding the missing features for the Security Context, then do 1.
3. Ambitiously integrate the authorization proposal and the multiple
authentication mechanism proposal, both presented and essentially okay'ed
by the EG earlier.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms