users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Do we need the "Misc" repository on java.net?

From: Will Hopkins <will.hopkins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 20:49:29 -0500

EG,

Anybody know what the javaee-security-spec~misc git repo on java.net is?
It appears to contain random snippets of code from early
proposals/suggestions.

It looks like it could be an old version of what's now in the
javaee-security-proposals repo on GitHub -- the README is the same in
both, but the folder structure is different, and the last commit to
javaee-security-spec~misc was two years ago, vs. three months for
javaee-security-proposals.

If so, seems like I should either delete it, or rename it to match the
GitHub repo and start mirroring it.

There also appear to be some orphaned repos on java.net:
javaee-security-spec~api and javaee-security-spec~web. They're not
visible from the project page, but they showed up in a listing of repos
hosted on java.net, and I'm not able to create new repos with those
names. I'm assuming we don't need them, and that there's no need to try
to recover them.

Thanks,

Will

Oracle Application Development