users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Java EE survey results

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 11:20:12 +0100

Jeff/all,

Thanks a lot for the pointer. It is a little weird, that "Security 1.0" was
called "not yet surveyed" in the table while 2 important features we at
least have in the pipeline for 375 "OAuth and OpenID" as well as "Secret
Management" were considered important (OAuth even went 3rd of all items;-)

As I already told Will and fellow experts, if you, Will himself or others
were able to join a brief call with the JCP EC at the F2F in London Jan
10/11 that would send a good signal and show them this JSR is dedicated to
work on the features e.g. this survey or other requirement goals consider
most important (based on the resources the JSR has) or that are already
under way. Needless to say, 6 EG members (Oracle, IBM, Tomitribe, Red Hat,
Ivar and myself) of this JSR are in the EC after the last election, more
than e.g. the mininum votes required for certain steps and decisions (this
has not been a problem for 375 anyway, but it's also good to have people
with insight on the EC)

Kind Regards,
Werner