users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Re: Moving forward with ED1

From: Will Hopkins <will.hopkins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 14:40:14 -0400

Hi Werner,

Yes, I think the scheduled renewal ballot is an automatic thing I
think. We may need to submit an EDR before the 29th, though, to avoid
it -- we need to give the JCP some lead time to avoid the renewal
ballot; the 21st or 22nd was suggested to me as the limit of when we'd
want to submit, keeping in mind the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US.

I think this is still doable, as the EDR does not need to be complete or
fully fleshed out, it simply needs to indicate current thinking and
signal progress (and be agreed by the EG, obviously). As you note, the
skeleton is in place, and we can just remove the sections for the items
not in scope.

Thanks for the offer to help with Security Context. You can edit that
section, and Arjan can edit the authentication and identity store
sections, I'll edit skeleton and start on the terminology section and
any others left over.

Thanks,

Will

--
Will Hopkins | Platform Security Architect | +1.781.442.0310
Oracle Cloud Application Foundation