users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Upcoming Renewal Ballot

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 00:44:11 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for the update. As mentioned there is not that much on
SecurityContext and we seem to be missing some of the initial goals like
user/role mapping compared to the current simple login/isAuthenticated
functionality. Whether or not we might rescope or postpone certain aspects
even into a new JSR (for Java EE 9) or not, is also worth looking into.

While OpenID Connect offers to add some optional metadata a concept of
roles seems undefined right now, so we may not require it for certain use
cases, but others would certainly benefit from it.
JAX-RS has its own SecurityContext
https://jax-rs-spec.java.net/nonav/2.0/apidocs/javax/ws/rs/core/SecurityContext.html

Looking at Spring Security the SecurityContext interfact there is somewhat
closer to the one in JSR 375 but it also has a getter for an Authentication
object.
In https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVAEE_SECURITY_SPEC-12 this could be
getCallerPrincipal(), getAuthMethod() or similar but they do not currently
exist in SecurityContect.

Kind Regards,
Werner