users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Java EE for the Cloud (with Security;-)

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 23:54:49 +0200

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 10:40 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Probably not more than buzzwords before JavaOne, but security-related
> buzzwords in Thomas Kurian's announcement about "Java EE for the Cloud"
> efforts by Oracle sound like there is also hope for JSR 375:
>
> http://www.infoworld.com/article/3098007/java/oracle-to-reboot-java-ee-for-the-cloud.html

It sounds good, but I guess we indeed need to wait some more to find out
what it exactly means.

> It's not more than OAuth or OpenID Connect (ironically the Identity JSR
> 351 with the strongest focus on those was just announced to be shut down;-)
> but they would go well along aspects of JSR 375 like Identity Store which
> are already fleshed out relatively well.

OAuth itself most strongly hinges on the authentication mechanism, for
which I coded up an example for Soteria a while ago (it's adapted from an
implementation by Jan Beernink). See
https://github.com/omnifaces/soteria-google-oauth-client

I've run quite a few tests with that one and it seems to function quite
well. I'd really like to add it to Soteria/JSR 375, but it currently has an
incompatible dependency.

Identity propagation was indeed more in the realm of JSR 351.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms