users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Fwd: [javaee-guardians] Call to Action - JavaOne CFP is Now Open

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 15:10:25 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> As we heard and the EC also discussed recently (it probably won't be the
> last time) a few Java EE JSRs have not progressed as much as the others.
> Can we expect an official JSR 375 demo by Alex and/or other members of the
> EG?

Would love to see Alex doing a demo again. Last year's one was very good,
but lately we haven't seen that much activity, unfortunately.

> If not, who else would like to step in and propose a talk? Ivar and I did
> a few talks on different occasions around the world (mostly EMEA region)
> and at least one or two other EG members did I recall.

I personally can't do a talk, but I'm more than willing to provide and/or
assist with the preparation of the slides.

Obvious topics are the identity store, authentication mechanism, and the
combination of those two.

The identity store part can be extended with a planned soon section, where
we incorporate the multi-store idea from Rudy. This is probably a good
occasion to actually provide a good proposal for this (we discussed it
earlier, but that discussion stalled).

Same holds for the multi-mechanism story idea from Darran. This too would
need a more complete proposal and some draft implementation would help with
putting concrete examples on the slides.

> We should propose something, given there is also a RI project and working
> pieces even if they may be at an early stage. After all, we're still
> supposed to produce an EDR 1. Would be awesome to have that happen before
> JavaOne, as the 1 year deadline for the next Renewal Ballot is only about 2
> months later.

We're running out of time pretty quickly now.

Even though we set out to mainly go for the "low hanging fruit", till so
far only the basic identity store and authentication mechanism have been
done, and the latter actually hasn't been discussed that much either (it's
largely still my early draft, almost nobody commented on the method
signatures etc that I quickly choose, e.g. should we not better return an
enum for the status, should we pass in the request, response and context,
or only the context, etc).

With still the multi-variants of the store and mechanism to be done, will
we even be able to look at the other planned topics like events, password
aliasing, interceptors etc?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms