users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: JSR 375 Next Steps

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 20:14:12 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 6:41 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> There is no definitive template or guideline, though it's probably
> something a future "Spec Lead Guide" at JCP may contain some day.

That would surely be helpful to give the platform a more unified look. A
kinda similar thing is with the EE certification pages for individual
servers, where the entry for pretty much every server is different in
structure.

> JSR 107 with minor tweaks or differences (it makes little difference if a
> demo section is called "demo", "demos", "samples" or "examples";-) contains
> most of the basic folders.
> Again like 354 or 363 it follows an all Open Source approach, so RI and
> TCK are completely open. Unless we see that for MVC 1.0 (is there a "tck"
> repo somewhere?;-) this may not be entirely the case here either.

I don't think there is a TCK repo for MVC, as it seems to be the norm for
Oracle lead JSRs not to have one. Still, JSR 107 has both Greg as spec lead
and two persons from Oracle, so I'm not 100% sure why this one seems to
deviate from that norm. Or doesn't JSR 107 count as "Oracle led" despite
the two Oracle spec leads?

Changing repo names can only be done by a few admins like David or Alex I
> assume (somebody mentioned that before) but for harmonizing them a bit,
> maybe dropping the "javaee-security" prefix was OK. Except for "spec-api"
> I don't see any of the others mirrored or connected here:
> https://java.net/projects/javaee-security-spec/sources So I assume we
> have a bit more freedom within the GitHub organization. As soon as a RI
> gets its name and place, there shall be a mirror either with the main
> java.net project or see "orzac" and others a separate java.net one.

Indeed, so for now I guess the most important step is coming up with a name
for the RI ;)

I haven't seen Alex on the list for some time (I assume because of the
Holliday season), but as soon as he (and others) are back I hope we can
make a quick decision here. Perhaps a poll again, but this time limit it to
a few days ;)

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms