users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Integration example identity store with 3th party libs

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 09:50:17 +0100

All,

I guess aside from simply keeping those kinds of 3rd party examples or PoC
projects in everybody's seperate repositories, we could imagine something
along the lines of what JSR 354 did in "Shelter"
https://github.com/JavaMoney/javamoney-shelter

It was meant to foster initiatives like "Adopt a JSR" (hence the name) but
is not restricted to JUGs or their members adopting the JSR. If David and
Alex think, something similar (under whatever name, at the moment
"proposals" is also more or less a "sandbox" but it's for the actual JSR
components themselves) was a good idea to have in the GitHub organization,
I'm sure, they should be able to create something. Similar to using some or
all aspects of certain JSRs Spring may or will use this JSR sooner or later
(to become "somewhat compatible;-) but it is not the core task of the EG to
ensure every container or framework out there supports it as Arjan said.

Kind Regards,
Werner