users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Devoxx UK report

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 18:25:53 +0200

Alex/all,

Thanks a lot for the summary.
Especially due to the "not as sexy" argument, do you plan to propose
something to other European events including JavaLand '16 which just
started CFP?
(can't say how big DevoXX UK actually was, but it sounds as if JavaLand
might be slightly bigger by now;-)

Not expecting too many Oracle proposals right after JavaOne, Ivar and I
offered it to 2 DevoXX installments this fall (Morocco, Belgium) while the
"unsexy" tag may have been among reasons why JavaZone did not accept our
proposal there this time.

JavaOne plus potentially one DevoXX in fall and ApacheCon Europe (all in
Oct/Nov) likely eats all my holiday allowance by current project/client, so
I don't think I personally plan too much this year. Potentially another
Codemotion, but similar to DWX (where all Java talks together had no more
than 30 attendees;-\) that is a highly polyglot event with anything from
Node.js, Angular or .NET competing in a single place.

Btw. did you hear about JavaOne, Oracle sure has some advantage there with
its proposals;-)

Regards,
Werner