users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Devoxx UK report

From: Alex Kosowski <alex.kosowski_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 12:18:34 -0400

Hi,

Devoxx UK went very well. The EE 8 BOF was lively, some complaints, some
praise. The JSR 375 session had about 30 attendees, smaller than Devoxx
France, but Devoxx UK was smaller than Devoxx France. The session
attendees were engaged and had interesting questions at the end. Antonio
Goncalves spoke to me afterwards and specifically asked if we were
planning to support any of the proposed features on Java SE, for which I
replied "not in 1.0".

Java EE security is not as sexy as the competing technologies at the
conference, which may explain the low attendance. But as I have heard on
the EG before: those that care about EE security, really care about EE
security.

Regards,
Alex

P.S.: I am still waiting on internal approvals for future conferences.